Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2021

A.J Hackett

 Hey guys today I have been learning about NZ inventor A.J Hackett. Would you go bungee jumping? Have a go!

What? Bungee jumping is something where you jump off a ledge and go down. But it's ok because there's a rope where it holds you so you don't fall off.


Who? A.J Hackett is the person that invented Bungee jumping


When? He invented it in 1987.


Why? He did it so people could get butterflies and get thrills  and have so much fun with it too. People say they're expensive to do but only rich people could afford it.


What do I think? What I think about this invention is it’s very good because people get a thrill.


Here's a photo of bungee jumping.


And a photo of the inventor.



Alan (AJ) Hackett has been awarded a New Zealand Order of Merit for his services to adventure tourism.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Temauria. You have shown great research skills to find and present all this information about New Zealand inventor AJ Hackett. Do you think you'll do a bungy jump one day? Lots of our seniors did a bungy jump last weekend for the Graeme Dingle Foundation. As you said, have a go! Mrs Hastie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.